Thursday, November 27, 2014

Mud Pies for Thanksgiving Dinner


 

Today while you are enjoying a nice Thanksgiving dinner there are kids in Haiti that are eating mud pies. Yes that is right; dried cakes of mud. Don’t believe me check out this video.



And as a result of the 2010 earthquake this situation has gotten worse. The earthquake killed 300,000 people and created many orphans who are in need of daily food.
The Children of Haiti need your help! Concord Christian Academy of Wilmington, DE is attempting to raise $35,000 to purchase, pack, and ship 10,000 plus meals for orphan children in Haiti. To accomplish this they are sponsoring a “Feed the Need” fundraising event to help the children of Haiti, which will also help raise funds for their school. 
I have been asked to help support this event, of which I have. But I thought I would also bring the need before you and ask you to consider helping the orphan children of Haiti and help right some of the wrong in this world. Every little bit helps.
Here is a website of a family in the school that I have selected to sponsor.
 
Thank you for all of you that have already participated--you have stored up treasures in Heaven--may God bless you and bring great joy to your heart.
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Mt 25:40

 

No comments:

Post a Comment